Sunday, October 01, 2006

Monday, October 2nd lesson plan, LA8

Today we will set up our blog pages. In order to do so, you must first be able to show me the following:

1. Your spiral LA8 notebook.

2. Your synopsis (summary) of your first book for this year for LA8. It must be around 150 words.

3. Book #2. I at least must have the title.

4. The class notes and definitions for things we have been asked to look up so far:
synopsis:
Battle of Salamis:
etc.

If you can show me all of these items, you may go to www.blogger.com and set up your blog. To do so, you must follow the instructions below (cut and pasted from an early blog posting, and slightly modified):

First: You need a "user name". This will be your first name, last initial in lower case letters, and IST all together as one word. For example,

" mrpIST "

Another example, for a student named "Thomas Smith":
" thomassIST "

We will not use your last name so no one outside of IST will have this information, and it will not show up "live" on your blog.

Second: password. For the time being we will skip this, as it can be done at the last minute. However, as is written on your parent permission form, I as the teacher must always have your password. This means I get access to your blog, and can help you keep control of what you post. (NOTE: whatever your password is, I need to have it, and I will share it with your parents...so KEEP IT CLEAN!).

Third: Blog title. This will be your FIRST NAME ONLY followed by IST Opicina. For example:

" Mr IST Opicina "

Another example, for the student named "Thomas Smith":
" Thomas IST Opicina "

I do not want your last name to appear on the blog- that is forbidden, (as I wrote in the parent permission form) and as your parents agreed when they signed to permit you to do this. This is a safety feature to protect what we will do online, and to protect you.

Fourth: Blog address. This is the TOUGH one to do. It can take multiple tries to get a title that works. I am making this easy for you in this blog. The format we will use is the following one: IST + gr8 + first name + first initial of your last name

For example: " ISTgr8mrp "

This would be my blog address if I were doing this exercise.
Another example, for the student "Thomas Smith":

" ISTgr8thomass "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home